"Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken." - Frank Herbert
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Spanish Boot Camp
So for the next three days I am going to be doing one-on-one Spanish class for six hours each day. SIX HOURS! But why you may ask. Well, it is because my Spanish is still kind of an epic failure. No, it isn't that bad, but it definitely needs work. So me and eight other trainees will be staying in our host communities and tackling the language that we just can't seem to grasp. As for the other 26 trainees, they are headed out to different parts of Guatemala for what is called individual training. They are going to be spending the next three days living with a volunteer and just seeing what everyday Peace Corps is all about. I really wasn't upset at all about being the only one in Sumpango who is receiving extra Spanish. I need it and I know the solo classes are going to help me alot. So yesterday, I bid farewell to my fellow Sumpangans and prepared myself for three days of absolutely no English. I told Kurt to enjoy his final three "Caitlin-free" days. He is going to miss me of course. Next week is our final Spanish interview. I have to place at least at intermediate medium to swear-in. Right now I am at intermediate beginning so I only have one level to go. I just get so nervous in those interviews. But it will be ok. This week I am going to study my butt off and next week I am going to rock my interview. I will be sure to let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm kinda good at Spanish, so if I can be of any assistance, just let me know. Good luck chica!
ReplyDeleteCaitlin,
ReplyDeletenunca te rindas. Lo más difícil de aprender es la menos complicada. te amo. Mamá
Obviously your mother knows more Spanish than I do. :) You will do fine...we are all praying for you for your safety, for your adventures and for your service with the Peace Corps. You rock!
ReplyDelete